When it comes to IT access for contractors, corporate policies vary widely. Some enterprises permit contractors to use only corporate-owned computing devices – in many cases employing bare metal configurations for simplified management. While others organizations may allow their contractors to use non-corporate owned assets on and off premise. Still others “solve” this policy dilemma by sending contractors only the information related to the work they will do. This is the scariest option because the data is most likely shared via unsecure communications; sitting on the contractor’s unsecure laptop or mobile device co-mingling with personal or information from other clients, and may not be destroyed after the end of the engagement.
IT’s corporate policies regarding their organization’s contractor workforce must protect critical IP, eliminate IP/data leakage, secure corporate access, protect the network from malware infections or unauthorized intrusions, and, for corporate-owned devices, simplify endpoint management. In short – maintain centralized control while distributing trust out to the contractors.
Benefits of the M5 for Contractor Workforce Solution:
- Policy-based secure corporate access regardless of device or network
- Secure container eliminates data leaks and IP loss
- Bare metal support reduces management/security costs and complexity of corporate supplied laptops
- Reduction of CapEx costs related to corporate supplied laptops
- Simplified image management, updating, and wiping
- Unified management console for laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Offline capability enables productivity even in low bandwidth environments