8 Share-worthy Stats About BYOD
It’s been called good, bad, and the “most radical shift in enterprise client computing since the introduction of the PC.” Yes, everyone and their CTO has something to say about BYOD.
Looking to join the BYOD conversation either on Twitter or by the water cooler? The following are eight share-worthy stats about one of the most talked about topics in IT:
- 67% of people use personal devices at work, regardless of the office’s official BYOD policy (Source: Microsoft via CBS News) Tweet this.
- 42% of companies surveyed already use BYO (Source: Moka5 Survey, July 2013) Tweet this.
- 46% of end users surveyed said network performance negatively affects mobile devices the most (Source: Cisco) Tweet this.
- 77% of employees haven’t received any education about the risks related to BYOD (Source: 2013 Data Protection Trends Research, conducted by Ponemon Institute via AllThingsD) Tweet this.
- 78% of employees believe that having a single mobile device helps balance employees’ work and personal lives (Source: Samsung) Tweet this.
- 62% of companies surveyed plan to support BYOD by the year’s end (Source: TechRepublic via ZDNet) Tweet this.
- Only 11% of end users access business applications from the corporate office 100% of the time (Source: Cisco) Tweet this.
- 24% of consumers surveyed currently use a smartphone or tablet as their primary, work-related computing device (Source: Samsung) Tweet this.
Looking to implement a BYOD program for your organization, but aren’t sure where to start. Learn more about Moka5’s Enterprise Anyware for BYO Solution.